1. Navigate to Campaigns in the left sidebar menu and click on Creatives in the top rail, selecting Upload Creative.
2. If you have raw video assets, use the Hosted (Display, Video, Audio) option. Upload your video and click Next. We recommend using an mp4 file – webm and wmv files are accepted as well. If you have VAST tags instead, select Third Party Video and paste in your VAST URL.
a. Enter the name of your Creative. The maximum length is 256 characters. The Creative name is used for TTD reporting purposes only and will not impact ad-serving.
b. Enter the website URL of where you want to redirect users after they interact with the ad. Here’s what you need to know about landing page URLs:
i. The URL must begin with HTTP or HTTPS.
ii. Enter only the root URL. A long URL might result in the creative being rejected.
iii. The landing page URL is used for declarations, not for click-through information.
c. For Hosted Video, leave the Ad Server field blank as The Trade Desk will be hosting the creative. For Third-Party Video, the Ad Server field will automatically be populated based on the VAST tag entered.
4. Tracking and Declarations:
a. (For Hosted Video only) In the Clickthrough URL field, enter the URL to which you want to direct the user after they interact with the creative. The URL must begin with HTTP or HTTPS. Input the Click Tracker here if one is being used.
b. (Optional) Add 3rd Party Trackers for video events.
c. Click Next.
5. Leave flight dates fields blank. If nothing is selected, the creative becomes available immediately and remains available indefinitely, and flight dates settings will be controlled on the Campaign or Ad Group.it will follow the ad group/campaign flight dates.
6. Click Create and then click Go to Creative to review or update its details. On the Creative action bar, click Approve Creative to submit the creative for supply vendor review.
7. Activation: Now that you have a standard Video creative built, navigate to your Video Ad Group.
a. Select and assign the creative in the Creative Targeting Rail.
8. Select and assign the Yieldmo DFO Deal ID in the Private Contract Targeting Rail. For help with onboarding Deal IDs, please see our TTD Deal Set Up Guide.
Back to the main DFO Setup page? Click here.