Welcome to the Yieldmo Mobile & Data Hacks
We all know that the content that we consume via our mobile devices are often subsidized by the advertising revenue. But people hate ads…but want their content for free. Yieldmo is working to solve this problem by creating a better ad experience through design and data. We’d love to see what people can come with given our ad building tools and inspiration from our industry-touted designs.
To help you with your ideas, we’ve provided a few links and tools:
Yieldmo Ad Formats
- Our Ad Format Lab website has a list of our ad formats including some demos so you can see what they look like. Feel free to get inspired by any of these formats. To access the Beta formats, use the password “tucker”.
- If you want to create your own ad, you can use Yieldmo’s Ad Builder, which is an amazingly easy to use tool that pulls in whatever creative you want to pull together.
- We’ve created a few sample ads that you can use or modify:
- For those that are looking to do some fun with data and data visualization, we have a mySQL database for you to access.
This user has select-only privileges to the schema and can only be accessed within our network. See us if you want to do something more with the schema.
Table Schema Definitions:
- If you want to play with our actual ad placement, we’ve created a demo page to show you how you can insert our placements, which can show a variety of ads.
- We also have more detailed documentation if you’d like to integrate our ad code on your own webpage, or feel free to integrate our mobile SDK’s into your own app
Need some more ideas? How about integrating an API?
Questions? Ask people wearing our “Yieldmo Teal” t-shirts.
Have fun! Happy Hacking!
Yieldmo. Expect more from mobile advertising.
And…here some legal stuff that our lawyer are making us notify you of:
By participating in the Yieldmo Mobile and Data Hacks Hackathon (the “Yieldmo Hackathon”), you may receive access to certain proprietary code, data and/or other copyrighted materials, including pictorial, audio, video and/or audiovisual content (“Yieldmo Assets”) owned by Yieldmo. By participating in the Yieldmo Hackathon, you acknowledge and agree that the Yieldmo Assets are made available to you solely for your personal use in developing and testing your prototype in connection with the Yieldmo Hackathon, and not for any other purpose (including any commercial purpose). You agree that you will not distribute, display, perform, transmit, publish or otherwise disclose or make available to any third party the Yieldmo Assets under any circumstances. You understand that Yieldmo may independently (whether currently or in the future) develop materials or information internally or receive information from other parties that may be similar to anything you may develop or create during the Yieldmo Hackathon and that such materials are (or shall be) owned by Yieldmo.